Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Currently

               Man, it's crazy how life gets in the way!  I had great plans for this blog, and things just got too busy!  I am back though, and to kick off my new bloggingness, here is a recipe for Philly Cheesesteaks.
           
                I LOVE them.. I could eat them all day long, and I find myself craving them at least once a week.  Since going out isn't always an option, I decided to try my hand at them at home yesterday.

Oh. My. Amazing.  

               So, without further ado... here is my recipe

Philly Cheese Steaks
1/4 red bell pepper
1/4 yellow bell pepper
1/4 green bell pepper
1/4 sweet onion
2 hoagie rolls
4 slices swiss cheese(or cheese of choice)
4 slices roast beef
(you could also add mushrooms, but since I'm not a fan, I left them out)

Thinly slice the peppers and onion.


 Saute them in a bit of butter with a dash of salt and pepper till the onions start to turn translucent.

While the veggies are cooking, slice the Hoagie rolls and toast on a griddle till lightly brown. 


Slice the roast beef into 1 inch slices.  place in the pan with veggies. 

Place the veggies on top of the beef. Yeah... I did it in reverse in this picture, and it was harder to transfer at the end... so learn from me and put the meat on the bottom.


Place cheese on top, cover with a lid until cheese is melted. 



With a spatula, transfer it all to the hoagie roll. Enjoy!


I've tried making them before, but alway adding each ingredient separately to the sandwich. They always ended up so dry.  I think having them cook under the lid all together for a bit really helped keep the meat moist!
I hope you enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Never ending story... and a bathroom upgrade

 Does anyone else have a never ending list of excuses?? Um hi, yeah... I totally do! Well, there haven't been a lack of projects over th...