Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Never ending story... and a bathroom upgrade

 Does anyone else have a never ending list of excuses??

Um hi, yeah... I totally do!

Well, there haven't been a lack of projects over the last few years, but I kind of lost track of this blog, and all my project progress has been posted on Facebook and Instagram.  I deactivated Facebook in an attempt to be more present, so I figured that bringing the good ol blog back from the dead may be a good way to keep track of my projects!  

So, here we go!

We bought a new build last year, and even though I absolutely LOVE it, it doesn't have much character (in the new build world, character= $$$)

So, over the last year, and for the years to come, we will be slowly making this house ours and adding in those beautiful details that make a house yours...  not to be confused with the dents in the walls and stains in the carpets that come from squeezing 5 kids into 2 bedrooms upstairs until you can finish the basement. Those also make your house yours, but in a not so blog-worthy way!

The first project I tackled was the main bathroom. It was dark, neutral, and, well... boring.  Now, I don't have anything against neutral... my entire house is neutral, but sometimes you just want a little color, and pizzazz, ya know??


This is the finished product... and lets just say the lighting in this bathroom is TERRIBLE, and so apparently so are my photography skills.. oops.


Also, I SORT OF forgot to take a good before picture... This is about as good as it gets

Aaaand... we add the boards, and then caulk.. alot.
The good news is that after you caulk and sand, you get to paint!! Almost done!
Woot!  This sucker took 3 coats of paint, and it was worth every single one!  
And, here is the finished product!







Stay tuned for the laundry room project, it is never ending.  One day I will finish it, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Never ending story... and a bathroom upgrade

 Does anyone else have a never ending list of excuses?? Um hi, yeah... I totally do! Well, there haven't been a lack of projects over th...